With unlimited information becoming available with the click of a mouse, internet users have lost their patience, when it comes to waiting for a WordPress blog to load. If a page is taking too long to become legible, most internet users will move on to the next page that offers similar information, news, views, images or whatever else they are seeking. Therefore, if you want to capture your audience long enough for them to read what you have to say, you need to not only make sure that your blog is attractive to look at but that it loads quickly, before you lose a prospective reader.
The good news is that there are some easy tips and tricks that you can use to maximize the speed of your WordPress blog. Let me take you through a tour of the 10 best ways to speed up your blog. Some of these tricks are so simple that they might seem obvious to some of you but all of them work brilliantly when it comes to reducing the page load time.
- Cache Fully Generated Pages
- Disable Hotlinking
- Create Smaller WordPress Pages
- Use Excerpts on the Main Blog Page
- Optimize the MySQL Database
- Minimize external websites and scripts
- Use Expires Header for Static Resources
- Remove All Unwanted plugins and PHP tags
- Compress All Java Script files
- Minimize Database Calls
See : http://goo.gl/29eqe