Leadership is a trait many are quick to claim but few truly deserve.
To be a leader does not mean wearing the title of “leader.” It’s not something you choose to be one minute and then choose not to be the next. A leader is not a leader simply because he or she has been promoted. And a leader is not someone who sits in a position of management.
None of those things are what truly make a real leader. Here are the things that do:
- A real leader listens firsts and acts second.
- A real leader doesn’t make decisions in the heat of the moment.
- A real leader knows what they don’t know.
- A real leader never wants to be the smartest person in the room.
- A real leader celebrates the process as much as the rewards.
- A real leader gives constructive, not negative, feedback.
- A real leader does what has to be done.
- A real leader cultivates a positive culture.
- A real leader always finds a way.